I will talk about several aspects of theatre native to Japan from the highly ritualized
and symbolic form that is Noh, to the colourful and highly
Takarazuka, from the 400-year-old men-only Kabuki noted for its
colourful face painting,
and hereditary names that have lasted centuries, to the farcical
comedy that is Kyogen, so different to Noh but seeming to go perfectly hand in glove.
- 日時2014年6月22日(日) 10:30-12:30
- 講師 Mark Buckton氏 (CEL英語ソリューションズ非常勤講師)
Mark Buckton is a long time writer on Japan, the culture, travel, etc. In 2004 he took to the dohyo in Asakusa where he enjoyed mixed success as an amateur rikishi including broken and dislocated bones and a deeper understanding and appreciation of the sport.
- 場所 CEL英語ソリューションズ 東京校 教室[地図]
- 受講料 Internet受講:: 3,000円 DVD受講: 4,000円
- セミナー参加者の感想 >>
- Thank you for your very insightful lecture. I’m very impressed with your interesting story based on your profound knowledge and precious experience. Your lecture surely made me want to go to the theatres.
- Mark-san. Thank you very much for your fantastic lecture. That was interesting, informative and extraordinaily funny. I didn’t have much interest in Takarazuka, but your lecture has completely changed my mind. I’ll try to get tickets and go. As for Kabuki and Noh also, I really enjoyed your profound information. Thank you again, for the splendid lecture.
- Thank you so much for your wonderful lecture with your deep insight. I was really excited to learn lots of new knowledge regarding Kabuki and Takarazuka. I will tell my Malaysian friend and other visitors from abroad your story near future. It is very useful for me. Thank you again for your interesting talk.
- Thank you so much for the wonderful lecture. I’ve been wanting to watch those plays but I didn’t know how to start and enjoy them. I’m glad that you understand Japanese culture a lot.
- I very much enjoyed your sumo seminar 2 weeks ago. Amazed you also know so much about traditional Japanese stage arts, I learned a lot as a starter again. Thank you.
- Thank you very much. I am amazed your point of view. I found another great (British) English who love Japanese culture.
- Thank you very much for the interesting lecture and very precise explanation to questions. Hope to listen to another lecture.
- Thank you very much for your speech today. I am really impressed with your knowledge about Japanese culture.
- Thank you very much for quite humorous presentation.
- After the lecture, I really felt I want to go to the theater right now. Thank you for a lot of info. I’m looking forward to your lecture again.
- It was difficult for me to explain there stage arts in even Japanese. So this seminar is really useful for me. Thank you very much.
- Your speech made me love our traditional culture again.
- It was quite interesting to know the various ‘secrets’ in Kabuki, Noh and Takarazuka. Thank you.
- I enjoyed your lecture today. I was surprised to know about many things especially about each theater’s secrets.
- Many things he gave us today are very interesting for me.
- I was very stimulated mentally to know the various interesting aspects of Japanese theater culture.